- Join Community
- Post to Community
- Gift Paid Account
|Name:||Looking Back…a Vintage Icon Challenge Community|
|Posting Access:||All Members|
Welcome to lookingback_ic, a vintage icon challenge community. Challenges will primarily focus on the twentieth century, but occasionally will extend farther into history.
Your moderator is djmustangsally, also mod at trekicontest, sttos_stills, and hunger_icontest.
This community was created following icontest and all others like it.
Types of challenges that will be run:
- visual media
- special challenge
These will rotate weekly, not necessarily in this order. Have a suggestion? Please comment here with ideas!
16: Fall // Voting
17: Travel // Voting
18: Music of the 20th Century // Voting
- New challenges are posted every Sunday. They are open for two full weeks. Icons are due after two following Sundays, 10 pm EST.
- Voting will open late Sunday or Monday. Voting is open for approximately five days, until Friday evening, in which winners will be posted shortly after.
Provided there are enough entries, there will always be a first/second/third place winner, and a mod's choice (the Spotlight Award). If there are too few entries, we will vote for Best Icon. Votes are weighed: first choice gets 3 points, second choice gets 2 points, and third choice gets 1 point.
Occasionally a special category or special challenge may be included as well.
The mod may participate as harmony033 (my regular LJ, for non-modly purposes). However, the mod will NEVER receive preferential treatment or the Spotlight Award.
- All icons will be submitted by screened comment to the original challenge post.
- Please include icons in this format: image and URL.
Feel free to use this form to help you. Just replace URL with the direct link.
- Icons must be uploaded to a site with direct linking (i.e. Photobucket, tinypic, etc).
- Members only may participate in challenges; anyone may vote. If you have an OpenID, just message the mod and you can participate.
- Do not post or use your icon until voting ends for anonymity purposes.
- Do not vote for your own icons. Do not get others to vote for you.
- Icons must fit LJ requirements: up to 100x100, 40kb, GIFs, PNGs, or JPGs.
- All icons submitted for challenges must be original creations for the specific challenge only.
- Only the mod has posting access.
- If you would like to take or use an icon, ask first. Post a comment on the icon's challenge entry post and the maker will be contacted.
- Always remember, this is for fun. No flames or otherwise rudeness, please.
classiccaps // the_histories // history20in20 // period_rumble
swordandsandal // goldenromantics // vintage20in20 // costume20in20
iconstillness // stock_contest // romance_stills // costumelims
locale_stills // adapted20in20 // austen20in20 // free_20in20
total_icontest // goodhisticons // art_stills // you_choose_ic
crimson_iink // nextpicture // museshowcase // obsessiveicons
giles_stills // joss_by_episode // david_stillness
tv_movie_icons // toon_icontest // bones_stills
trekicontest // sttos_stills // scifichar20in20
tvstillness // fringe_epic // island_rumble
char_rumble // shipper_rumble // tvfilm_rumble
character_itest // shipper_itest // multilvl20in20
onlytext20in20 // scenes20in20 // shippage20in20
techniques20n20 // year_of_chars // year_of_celebs
year_of_seasons // year_of_ships // year_of_tvfilm
hunger_icontest //basic_icontest // createandshine
dw_stillness // dwo_stillness // nexticon // panem_icontest
wicked_awards // the_iconawards // stbookclub
Want to be our affiliate? Please comment here.
100x100, 1500s, 1600s, 16th century, 1700s, 17th century, 1800s, 18th century, 1900s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 19th century, 20th century, actors, actresses, ancient, antique, archives, art, books, classic films, classics, concepts, creativity, culture, documents, fads, fashion, films, golden age, graphics, heritage, history, hollywood, icon challenges, icons, icontests, memorabilia, movies, museums, music, old, old hollywood, old time radio, past, photographs, pop art, pre-code, preservation, propaganda, quotes, radio, retro, silent films, stars, television, time, vaudeville, vintage